Thursday 17 April 2014

Three cheers to our Brighton Marathon Runners!

The Brighton Marathon was a huge success for the MCS runners this year and we would like to thank everyone who took part and raised funds to help protect our seas!

Tony Evans completed his fourth Brighton Marathon in aid of MCS in just 3 hours 56 minutes. Tony's raised £1,015 so far this year! He says "for the first 18 or 19 miles I was on course for 3h45 but I had a really bad last 10k. I swore I'd never do it again, but now the pain has faded and I can walk up stairs again, I'm already thinking of going again next year."

Miles Nicholson finished his first ever marathon in an incredible 4 hours 14 minutes and has raised £861.20! Miles says "26.2 miles is too far to be enjoyable, but I'm thrilled that I managed to raise over £850. I have a deep love for the sea - I'm so pleased that I have made a small contribution to support MCS. It was a great honour to be a part of the MCS team."

Eddie Stubbings achieved a new personal best running his second marathon for MCS, completing the 26.2 mile course in 3 hours 49 minutes! Eddie has also raised £565.50 so far to protect our seas!

Thanks also Lizzi Hollis and Sea Champion Caroline McKay, who were due to take part but were
unable to do so due to injury and illness, for training hard and fundraising. We wish you both a speedy recovery!

The Brighton Marathon Team have raised over £3,000 to protect our seas this year!

Registration for Brighton Marathon 2015 is now open!

You can apply for one of our charity places today find out more and register online>> 

Clockwise from top left: Eddie Stubbings, Tony Evans and Miles Nicholson at the Brighton Marathon 2014.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment